Friday, May 4, 2012

Classic Dining Room Decor Update


I have to confess... I'm a TRADITIONAL GIRL at heart.  I love a tailored, classic design style, with a few chic and modern touches thrown in for a bit of sparkle and interest.


I purchased these suede grommet panels almost five years ago when we first moved to our newly built home.  I wanted them to blend in to the existing wall colour, and allow the view to take center stage.


To soften their vertical lines, I made and added simple tiebacks from leftover fabric.  The look is a bit more traditional, but without appearing too formal or stuffy.  What do you think?


I also made a few changes to my dining room tablescape.  This is my lovely new orchid.  Our home has at least one live plant in every room.  For me, fresh flowers and greenery make a space so much more inviting.


Even though the pics are terrible (the sun refuses to come out and play), I wanted to share these little updates with you.  The space feels softer and more elegant now.  Isn't it funny how small changes can make us feel happy inside?


As a Mommy's Day gift, my son and hubby are installing crown moulding in the kitchen, dining room and living room for me.  I can't wait!

Have you made any small changes in your home lately?  I hope they make you feel happy, too!

Wendi xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment