Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas 2012 at Classic Chic Home ~ Part I


Our living room is all dressed up and ready for Christmas! This year, I chose a simple colour palette in keeping with our home's current design scheme... silver and white, with touches of my favorite colours... soft pink and green.


The two large presents in my coffee table vignette are made from glass blocks that I've filled with battery operated lights.  When I turn them on in the evening, the mirrored candlesticks catch the light and send it dancing across the walls and ceiling.


I created a mantel swag with garland, white branch picks and a shimmery bow. The effect is simple and elegant, and doesn't compete with the dominant feature wall behind our fireplace.  (In the new year, I'm removing the decal and paint colour... I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do in its place, but, it has to go!)


Our 8 foot tall Christmas tree takes center stage in our great room and can be easily viewed from every room on the main floor.




Just below the silver obelisk topper, I formed a three-tiered bow from the same style of ribbon that drapes around the rest of the tree.



I've decorated the tree in an assortment of silver, white, pink, and green ornaments, berry sprays, and silk flowers.  Sweet little silver birds nest on the branches amongst the soft white lights.


Our home is finally beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  That's all for today, but, I still have a few more holiday decorating projects I'll be sharing with you early next week.

Until then... Christmas blessings, my friends!

~ Wendi ~ xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment