Monday, April 22, 2013

My 'Staged to Sell' Home Office Makeover


Do you remember my Home Staging Action Plan?  Well, I finally decided to get my butt in gear and start tackling a few of those home selling projects!

So far, I've finished the Spring Cleaning (except for washing the windows), and applied a fresh coat of white paint to the interior doors and trim work.

But, the project I really want to share with you is my NEWLY STAGED HOME OFFICE!  This room had a very blue accent wall and a very personal decorating style.  I started off by removing all of the artwork and accessories, and painting the entire room in a neutral, 'buyer friendly' beige.


To enhance the feeling of a warm and inviting home library, I decorated the armoire and fireplace mantel with a collection of books and englsh ivy.

The artwork I'd been planning to use ended up being too small, and just didn't work in the space.  So, I made a trip to Michaels for some larger canvases, pulled out my art supplies, and quickly whipped up two simple abstracts to take their place.


Even though the paintings are hardly awe-inspiring, they do help create the sense of balance I was looking for, and make the room feel... complete.


So, here's a little reminder of what the home office looked like BEFORE...


And, here's the newly staged, AFTER version.


The room is calm and serene, and even feels larger now.  I have to admit, I think I actually like it better this way!

I guess only time will tell whether or not my NEWLY STAGED HOME OFFICE has that all important, mass market appeal I was aiming for.

And now, it's on to the next project... dealing with our living room's dark and dramatic feature wall!

~ Wendi ~ xo


0 comments:

Post a Comment