Sunday, September 30, 2012

Organization Series: My Kitchen Cupboards


As I mentioned in my KITCHEN PANTRY post, I've been busy checking off some organizing chores on my 'Fall Cleaning Schedule'.  (I'll share this checklist in a future post.)

This Organization Post is all about KITCHEN CUPBOARDS!

In our home, the spice cupboard is conveniently located between the pantry and the stove. I store cake decorating items, baking ingredients, bulk spices and gravy mixes in clearly labelled containers.

A carousel holds larger spice containers and vitamins.  On the shelf below, spices are organized on a tiered rack, sorted first by jar size, and then again into alphabetical order.


I use a narrow cupboard for storing baking and roasting pans, as well as our measuring cups and mixing bowls.  For easier accessibility, a small wire shelf helps me to store pans in separate sections.


An awkward corner cupboard houses our small kitchen appliances.  I've used a white metal divider to keep my cookbooks organized and another to store our larger serving platters.


Our everyday dishes and glasses are kept in a cupboard near the dishwasher for easy unloading.  Items are organized by type and size...  simple and efficient.


I use the cupboard under the sink to store my daily cleaning products.  A tea towel and dish cloth are hung on 3M hooks inside the cupboard door.
 

In case of a possible water leak from the sink pipes or dishwasher hoses, I've used two wire shelves and labelled, plastic containers to keep my cleaning products dry and organized.


In my next post, I'll continue to share my organization ideas... this time targeting my KITCHEN DRAWERS.

I hope this series is inspiring you to take on an organization project or two of you own!


0 comments:

Post a Comment