Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Organization Series: My Bath & Linen Storage


I truly LOVE to have a clean and organized home.  Keeping things neat and tidy helps me stay calm and relaxed, and saves my family the unnecessary stress of searching for mundane items in the midst of a busy day.

Today's post is all about my BATHROOM, LINEN & LAUNDRY STORAGE!

The top shelf of our linen closet houses my clothes iron and steamer.  A white fabric bin stores shoe and clothing care items.  Guest and bath towels are simply organized by size and colour.


My ironing board is hung from two hooks on the back of the closet door.  Bulk paper goods and beach towels are stored on the lower shelves, along with a small vaporizer and my sewing machine.

If you're wondering why there are no bed linens in this closet, I keep a rolling container under each bed for storing extra sheet sets.


Our master bathroom vanity has two drawers and a cupboard that's divided into three sections.  The builder chose not to install any shelves (why???), so I've had to be a bit creative in order to utilize this space for storage.

The first cupboard holds my makeup case and beauty products.  The stacking bins at the back are for items that I don't need to access on a daily basis.

I've attached a 3M hook (I love these!) to the side of the cupboard for my hair dryer. Hand towels and face cloths are stored beneath a small wire shelf that I've added to provide some much needed vertical storage. 


In the middle cupboard, labelled dollar store bins hold bulk items, as well as our daily hair products and body lotions.  A portable caddy helps me transport my cleaning supplies to each bathroom on cleaning day.


In the third section, I've labelled the drawers of a small organizer that houses our smaller bathroom products.  I always keep a few extra rolls of toilet paper in each bathroom next to the 'commode'.


The medicine chest stores our daily hygiene products.  I use a small glass decanter for mouthwash and a drinking glass to hold our toothbrushes.


Our son and daughter share the main/guest bathroom.  The vanity consists of two deep drawers and a cupboard under the sink.  Stackable containers store nail care, first aid and beauty supplies. 


The medicine cabinet stores cold and allergy meds, as well as daily hygiene items for my kids and guests.  (I really need to add wallpaper to the back wall...)


Our laundry room is conveniently located on the second floor. Wicker baskets on the open shelves are used to store extra linens and sewing supplies.

(I'd love to have square baskets with lids, but, sometimes one has to make the most of what they already own...)


I've also added a few of my favorite accessories to help break up the storage containers. Since the laundry room is rarely used by anyone other than myself, I feel completely justified making this space as pretty and as pink as I like!


Labelled dollar store containers store oxy tablets, dryer sheets and all of the coins one ultimately find in pants pockets.  I buy laundry detergent in bulk and refill the smaller jugs I keep above the washer for daily use.


On the opposite wall, a multi-compartment clothes hamper fits neatly beneath a folding counter.  I love having the ability to sort the laundry as it's created.


The cupboard below the sink is used store bulk laundry items and spray bottles. I've added a small tension rod to increase the vertical storage space.


Well, that's it for my bath, linen and laundry storage!  My bathrooms, linen closet and laundry room are finally clean, organized, and ready for the long winter ahead.

I hope this latest post has given you a few ideas on how to organize some of the cupboards in your own home.

My tips are aimed at organizing for 'real life', with items that can easily be found at dollar and discount stores.  Please let me know your thoughts!

In my next post, I'll be sharing organization ideas for CLOTHES CLOSETS.

Until next time... HAPPY ORGANIZING!

0 comments:

Post a Comment