Saturday, October 27, 2012

Organization Series: My Bedroom Closet


After completing a bit of sorting and purging this week, I'm finally finished organizing our BEDROOM CLOSET!

As you can see, my hubby and I share a small (5ft x 5ft) walk-in closet.  I like the layout of the space, with double rods along one wall, and a single rod and shoe shelves on the other.

On the top shelf, I store out-of-season clothing in decorative boxes, (I also have two containers for the same purpose that I store under our bed) and my bulky sweaters and jackets.

On the top rod, I hang my light cardigans, t-shirts and tank tops. I like to sort our clothing by style, length and colour.  It's visually more appealing, and makes it easy to coordinate outfits in the morning.


My hubby's pants and casual shirts are hung on the lower rod.  The rule for our closet is:  For every new item that comes in, one must go out.  That way, our clothes can be hung with a bit of breathing space between each hanger.  (It also saves time on ironing!) 


On the adjacent wall, the upper shelf is used to store my hand bags.  Hubby's dress shirts and my heavier cardigans are hung on the left side, and my pants, dresses and housecoats are on the right.


My dress boots and shoes fit nicely on the shelves and floor space below.  The small dresser is just the right size for holding socks and underwear.  I leave the top surface clear for setting out clothes and putting away clean laundry.


A view of the left side of our closet...


And the right side...


And one more pic of my shoe shelves.  The boots on the left are made of glass... I just think they're really cool.


I leave a hook on the back of the closet door for putting together outfits or for giving clothes a quick steam.


So, that's our master bedroom closet. In my next post, I'll be sharing a few organizing ideas for COAT CLOSETS.

Until next time, my friends, HAPPY ORGANIZING!

0 comments:

Post a Comment