Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Game of Tag and I'm "It"!


Most of you are probably already familiar with the fun little online GAME OF TAG that's currently being played all over Blogland.

I've been 'tagged' by the lovely and talented Stacy from Conspicuous Style.  If you're searching for beautiful interior design inspiration, be sure to visit Stacy's amazing blog.  You won't be disappointed!  And now, on with the game...

Let's Play Tag!
GAME RULES:
You must post the rules.
Answer the 11 questions presented to you by your tagger.
Create 11 questions to ask the bloggers you plan to tag.
Tag the 11 people and link them in your post.
Let them know you've tagged them.

My answers to Stacy's 11 (really hard!) questions:
1.  How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
I don't give much thought to my age, and it's a bit unsettling when I suddenly remember how OLD I really am!  I feel like I'm the same person I was in my twenties, only now I'm a little wiser and a little slower. 


2. What is your least favorite quote?
"Love means never having to say you're sorry." ...not in my world!


3. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I cut and colour my own hair.  I don't really have a logical explanation for why I feel this way, but, I truly dislike going to a hair salon.

4. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?
It would be amazing to explore the magnificent architecture and scenic beauty of France and Italy.  The likelihood of my ever travelling to Europe is slim to none, but, a girl can dream...


5. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
No, and I hope and pray it never does!

6. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
Since I have no way of knowing what the future has in store for me, I'd much rather hold onto all of the wonderful memories from my past. Granted, there are a few not-so-wonderful moments I'd be more than willing to forget!

7. What would be the hardest thing for you to give up?
I wouldn't want to face a single day without my FAITH.  It's what grounds me, shapes me, offers me hope, gives me strength, and makes me who I am.


8. What's your worst/best memory of high school and why?
My fondest memory of high school is of the night I met this tall, super cute guy at a town carnival.  I thought he was really sweet and funny, and it was pretty obvious be really liked me, too.   I never imagined at the time that I'd still be laughing at his stories and sharing his dreams some twenty-eight years later.  How lucky am I!?!

9. What is the most rewarding experience you have had and why?
Being a mom and raising my son and daughter has definitely been the most gratifying experience of my life.  I've loved watching them transform from beautiful little babies into the amazing young adults they are today.

My Babies!
10. If you had the chance to go back in time for 24 hours, where and when would you go?
Shorty after we got married, my hubby accidently recorded a movie over top of our church ceremony video (this really happened!). Now, I don't have any way to relive the day of our wedding.  I'd love to go back in time, make extra copies of the tape, and store them some place safe where they wouldn't be destroyed! 


11. If you could have only 3 electrical appliances in your house, what would they be and why?
I'd choose a refrigerator (for storing fresh food), and my washer and dryer.  Of course, I'd have to visit the local coffee shop on a daily basis, my hair would be a disaster without my blow dryer and curling iron, but, gosh darn it, our clothes and bedding would be spotlessly clean and April-fresh!

Not Gonna Happen!


My 11 questions for the next round of tag:
  1. What three words (or short phrases) do you think best describe you?
  2. If you moved and could only take one thing with you from your current home, what would it be?
  3. What do you do badly that you wish you could do better?
  4. What is the one thing that your favorite design blogs all have in common?
  5. Do you have a more introverted or a more extroverted personality?
  6. On average, how much time do you spend on your computer each day?
  7. What is the one physical quality that you like most about yourself?
  8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
  9. What is one decorating style that you love to look at, but could not live with in your own home?
  10. What other design blog do you feel is most similar in style and content to your own?
  11. How long did it take you to write this post?

To the following 11 fabulous bloggers:  You're It!!!
  1. Mary Ann from:  Classic Casual Home
  2. Amy from:  Eat.Sleep.Decorate.
  3. Barbara from:  Haus Design
  4. Barbara from:  Hodge:Podge
  5. Liz from:  Infuse with Liz
  6. Keri from:  Ivy Clad
  7. Nancy from:  Marcus Design
  8.  Mona from:  Providence Ltd Design
  9.  Karen from:  Strictly Simple Style
  10. Carolyn from:  Sweet Chaos
  11. Wendy from:  In Wendy's World

Thanks for the tag, Stacy...  This was fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment