Saturday, March 24, 2012

Inspired by Beautiful French Design


I'm completely infatuated with the open concept living space in this stunning townhome.  I keep revisiting the images again and again, absorbing and studying each tiny detail.


Softly textured, faux stucco walls create an elegant backdrop for the French inspired decor.  A classic colour palette of cream and ivory is accentuated by light touches of silvery blue and pale pink.  


Dark hardwood floors ground the space and provide the foundation for thoughtfully chosen furniture pieces.  The window treatments and tailored accent cushions are crafted from rich silks and luxurious velvets.


Charming window seats and tastefully styled bookcases surround a beautiful stone fireplace.  Fragrant hydrangeas and a delicate orchid add life and movement to the room.


Lovely arches create a stunning view from the kitchen into the living and dining room.  The beautiful faux stucco wall treatment continues throughout the space, adding a sense of character to this newly built home.


The dining room is a vision of loveliness in soft creams and blues.  A gilded chandelier and crystal wall sconces enhance the romantic atmosphere.


I love the gently pleated table skirt and the exquisite curves of the dining chairs. An antiqued china cabinet creates a sense of height and is perfectly proportioned for the space.


A pretty commode and oversized mirror have been painted to compliment the room's design scheme.  Notice how their lines are repeated in the gilded trimwork on the adjacent wall.  I'm awed by the incredible attention to detail.



The work of talented Houston interior designer Julie Dodson, this is truly one of the prettiest spaces I've ever seen.

When my husband and I relocate as empty nesters someday soon, these images will be my main source of inspiration as I happily decorate our next home.

Are you as enchanted by the elegance and beauty of romantic French Design as I am?


0 comments:

Post a Comment