Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Classic Chic Style with a Touch of Glam


While patiently waiting for Spring to arrive, I've been busy making a few small updates to my great room sitting area.

During a recent trip to HomeSense, I fell head over heels in love with these round mirrors. 


The frames are made of delicate black and silver cut glass, and their round shape perfectly relates to the understated circular motif that already exists in the room.


This is my latest art project.  I added texture to a canvas with drywall compound, and shaded the background with the room's current wall colours.  A few simple, oversized branches and blossoms finish the piece.

It's definitely not a Monet, but, I think it adds a unique, personal touch to the room.


I also found two tuxedo-style accent cushions for my white leather side chairs.  I love the extra touch of glam they add to the space.


And finally, hidden on a clearance rack at Michaels, I found these pretty porcelain birds.  The cut glass pattern on their wings ties in perfectly with my new mirrors.  Happiness!


Even though these are small changes, I think they add a sense of cohesion and flow, and are in keeping with my Classic Chic design style. 


Most importantly, my new decor accessories make me happy, and for me, that's what decorating my home is all about!  As an added bonus, they were purchased on gift cards I received for Christmas which means I didn't spend a single dime!

DEAR READERS: Please take a moment to become a LINKY FOLLOWER. (see my upper right sidebar) Google Friend Connect will be soon be phased out entirely, and I'd hate to lose any of you in the process! Thank you!

Participating in:
Wow Us Wednesdays @ Southern Savvy Style
The Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here

0 comments:

Post a Comment