Friday, March 2, 2012

Searching for My Happy Place...


This is my home office / library.  I recently refinished my desk in a satin, ebony stain and purchased a new, soft and comfortable leather writing chair.


It's the perfect spot to spend countless hours working on my blog and e-writing projects.


The space has wonderful light, a pretty view, and a cozy little reading area.  I love this room.

The problem is, it's no longer mine.  My son is currently using the office to work on his home-based high school courses. My beloved desk is now hidden somewhere beneath a mammoth-sized computer, a sea of papers, and a pile of tattered textbooks.

And so, I've been testing new locations around the house, searching for a little space to call my own, where I can write and blog to my heart's content.


Whenever I work at the kitchen island or the dining room table, the natural light that floods our great room throughout the day makes it difficult to clearly view the screen on my laptop.

I've tried sitting at the small secretary in our family room, but its low profile simply isn't conducive to computer work.  I've tried using a portable laptop table while sitting on every sofa and chair in the house...

Why am I having such a hard time finding a comfortable place to work???

Maybe, it's because of my annoying carpel tunnel syndrome... or maybe... it's because this is (just one more) sign that it's time for me to move on, and bid a fond and final farewell to my little blog.

My heart's telling me the answer is definitely the latter...

Wendi  xo


0 comments:

Post a Comment