Thursday, January 19, 2012

Home Organization: My Home... My Style


Thank you for following my Home Organization series. I hope it's provided you with some ideas and inspiration for organizing your own home.

I love when my closets and cupboards are neat and tidy, and I work hard to keep them that way.

Unfortunately, no one else in my family seems to share my "Organization" gene. This makes maintaining our storage spaces a little more challenging!

The kitchen pantry... dried goods are stored in clear containers or labelled canisters.

Canned goods are in a convenient order... all labels must be facing forward!

The spice cupboard... jars are sorted alphabetically on tiered shelves. 

Our "every day" dishes and glassware... organized by size and colour.

Table linens... I love damask prints and fringed napkins!

The "good" dishes... stored in a deep drawer in our built-in china cabinet.

The laundry room... baskets contain extra linens and my sewing supplies.

Small boxes hold dryer sheets, clothes pins, coins and miscellaneous supplies.

Our master bedroom closet... clothes are organized by style and colour.

Boots and shoes are kept on three lower shelves... hats and purses sit up top.

Our master ensuite medicine cabinet... I need to add some pretty wallpaper...

The linen closet... baskets keep towels and small appliances organized.

Our stationery (junk) drawer...small compartments keep items neat and tidy.

My personal household tool kit... no boys allowed!

Our garage storage... large bins store gardening, camping and boating supplies.

I hope you've enjoyed this Mini Tour of some of our home's cupboards and closets.

For me, it's well worth the extra effort and maintenance it takes to keep our belongings organized and my family on track.

Are you cursed blessed with the 'Organizing' gene?


Participating in: Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style
          Inspiration Friday @ The Picket Fence

0 comments:

Post a Comment