Thursday, January 5, 2012

Revealing my True Colours: The Nester

(Restoration Hardware)
This post is the third in a series of five articles in which I ultimately intend to reveal my TRUE COLOURS.

I'm sharing how my dominant personality traits affect my design style, my creativity and my quality of life, and what I hope to change about myself in the coming year.


Chapter 3: The NESTER

I'm a Nester, a Bird Person.  Above all else, I love to be at home, surrounded by the people and things I love most.

My nesting instincts are discernible in my interior design preferences.  I'm inevitably attracted to soft pinks, blues and whites; anything that reminds me of the sky and clouds.

(via Better Homes and Gardens)
My favorite rooms are washed in natural light, with reflective textures and finishes that intensify the sun's warmth and sparkle.

(Sheril Canet)
A traditionalist at heart, I'm drawn to timeless spaces with rich, dark wood and classic architecture.

(Matthew Quinn)
As a Nester, I'm highly focused on my Home and Family.

However, I also need considerable time and space that is mine alone
to breathe, to think and to dream.


I struggle with keeping this aspect of my personality in balance. As I get older, I find myself rarely seeking out social interaction.

When given the option, I often choose to spend time with family and close friends, or simply stay home, rather than go out and explore the world.


However, an essential part of the creativity process is to be exposed to new experiences, take risks, take FLIGHT.

And so, the third step in my personal growth plan for 2012 is:


To seek out new people, new places and new adventures, and see where this
BEAUTIFUL LIFE OF MINE TAKES ME!


If you missed the first two articles in this series, you can read Chapter 1 HERE and Chapter 2 HERE. Thank you for following my journey, and for sharing your thoughts and comments!




0 comments:

Post a Comment