Monday, January 16, 2012

Home Organization: Creative Craft Room Storage

(via The Nest)
When I originally created the floor plan for finishing our basement, I designed a small area that was to eventually become my craft room/art studio.

However, as the lower level now nears completion, it seems that our home gym has magically expanded and my craft space has somehow disappeared.

While planning for my future (now imaginary) project room, I created an inspiration file of clever and creative ways to organize craft and sewing supplies.

Hang a small tension rod from hooks to neatly store paper products...
(via BHG)
Sort like-items in mini organizers for easy access...
(via My-Paper-Adventures)
Store larger items in labelled file boxes and pretty baskets...
(via Closet Pages)
Organize ribbon spools on wooden dowels...
(via She-Likes-Cute)
Or in a rubber bin like the one shown below... 
(via BHG)
These stamps are stored in a louvered wall vent... how clever!
(via BHG)
Portable file folders are also ideal for organizing craft paper.
(via BHG)
Spray paint an egg carton to store all of those little bits and baubles...
(via BHG)
My project room might have looked something like this...
(via BHG)
Or this...peg boards are perfect for keeping supplies close at hand...
(via BHG)
Or this...make the most of vertical space by installing small shelves and cubbies.
(via BHG)
For now, I'll be storing my craft and art supplies in a closet, and using a folding table as my work station.  Where there's a will, there's a way!
(via Ribbonwood-Cottage)
I hope these craft storage ideas help you organize a space where you're free to happily express your creative side!

View one of my earlier posts Here for more Pretty and Practical Craft Room Ideas.

...

Participating in Home & Garden Thursdays at A Delightsome Life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment