Friday, January 6, 2012

Revealing my True Colours: The Princess

(via Interiors from Spain)
This post is the fourth in a series of five articles in which I ultimately intend to reveal my TRUE COLOURS.

I'm sharing how my dominant personality traits affect my design style, my creativity and my quality of life, and what I hope to change about myself in the coming year.


Chapter 4: The PRINCESS

I'm definitely a PRINCESS in the sense that I love all things pretty.

Water tastes better from a crystal wine glass than a plastic bottle. I'll take romance over a rugged adventure any day. I'm attracted to anything soft, pink, and shiny... with the exception of men.  They need to be strong and handsome.

This is my humble little abode...

Not really. Nor is it my dream home. Being a PRINCESS doesn't mean I have champagne tastes. My desires are much more simple. It's all about how something makes me feel when I look at it, hold it, care for it.

There's no denying that I'm a bit of a girly-girl (minus the bows and ruffles, please). I strive to create a home that's soft and inviting...  Classic, elegant and just a little glam.

I have no desire to be pampered. I cut my own hair, do my own nails, and have never been to a spa or prestigious salon.

I do, however, love when my husband brings me a fresh cup of coffee or pours me a bath without being asked.  I often indulge in lovely, afternoon naps, and I'm not adverse to someone else doing the cooking.  (But, seriously, do they have to be so messy??)

So, while I don't require the royal treatment, I do appreciate being treated with kindness and consideration. I consciously strive to treat others as I wish to be treated.

We all deserve to be treated with love and respect.

And so, the third step in my personal growth plan for 2012 is:

I WILL HOLD CLOSE THOSE WHO LOVE AND UNDERSTAND ME
AND FINALLY WALK AWAY FROM THOSE FEW WHO REFUSE TO EVEN TRY.

Now it's your turn.  Please share your thoughts and comments on this series, and what your own plans are for creating a brighter and more beautiful 2012!




0 comments:

Post a Comment